RadioReverb Training offers fun, practical engaging courses run by industry professionals and based in our central Brighton studios. Our courses focus on practical skills and hands-on experience with a “learning by doing” approach.
The one-day intensive Radio Presenter’s Workshop has a maximum of eight trainees per course and includes the following subjects:
● Roles in radio and types of radio stations
● Programme planning, timing and production - how to structure a show
● Interviewing techniques & choosing contributors
● Introductions to tech skills, studios and self-operating a mixing desk
● Microphone and voice techniques - finding your voice
● Effective cue writing, scripting and delivery
● The Audience - communicating with an audience; identifying your audience – empathy; connecting with the listener
● Staying legal - legal considerations and broadcast law
Please contact us for forthcoming Dates
To confirm your booking:
All courses are booked on a first come, first served basis, with a maximum of eight places per workshop. To book a place, please email firstname.lastname@example.org Please contact us for more information.
We have now moved to a great new accesible location in Brighton Open Market
In addition to our regular courses in Radio Presenting we also offer bespoke one-to-one Media Training, including advanced audio editing, Social Media, Voiceover, and Podcasting - please email email@example.com for more details.
Get Funding For Training
Creative Skillset Radio and Audio Bursaries are open to UK radio freelancers and community radio volunteers and now cover editorial and production training as well as craft, technical and business skills. You can get funding of up to 80% of the cost of training or coaching - to a maximum of £1500 - to update your skills, or develop new ones to improve your career prospects in the radio industry.
This funding is provided through the Creative Skillset radio and audio bursaries scheme and is intended to help support and grow the freelance talent pool across the industry. To do this, the scheme is now being extended to those working across a range of roles in community radio as well as freelancers at all stages of their career.
For more details and to apply, visit www.creativeskillset.org/funding/individuals/radio/